Fitness Boxing for Seniors
Every Thursday at 11:00 am
Trainer: Howard “The Sinister Minister” Major
Location: Gleason’s Gym 130 Water Street,
DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY 11201
$35 per class
Non-contact fitness Boxing is great exercise for any age-including seniors.
According to the "Harvard Health Letter," fitness boxing for older adults:
• Improves balance and posture
• Strengthens the upper body and core
• Boosts endurance
• Enhances alertness and mood
• Improves hand-eye coordination
1) Warm-up with stretching and aerobics
2) Basic punches, footwork, and defensive moves
3) Combining punches and moves into sequences; interspersed with cardio, core exercises
4) Cool down exercises and stretching
5) Simple self-defense strategies
This class does not require full mobility or agility. Participants may remain seated, and substitutions
will be offered for all exercises to accommodate individual needs. No special equipment is required.
Class duration: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Instructor; The Rev. Howard B Major Ill
I am 72. a semi-retired Presbyterian pastor with a passion for boxing. I am a certified a boxing
trainer by 'USA Boxing' and Gleason's Boxing Gym. I have worked with Gleason's boxing
program for teens and people with Parkinson's disease. I currently teach senior boxing at the
Long Branch. N.J. Senior Center; 'Lifetime Learning". New Paltz, N.Y.; Brooklyn Pride Center.
Boxing has given me so many benefits and I want to share them with other senior adults- both
able-bodied and disabled.
For more information, contact me at: 1-917-847-3936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Don't count the days; make the days count." Mohammad Ali